Let’s Talk About St. Kitts & Nevis
Get in touch and tell us what you need.
The right consultant for you will get back in touch.
We evaluate your needs.
We provide you with a tailored solution.
ABOUT ST. KITTS AND NEVIS ECONOMIC CITIZENSHIP BY INVESTMENT
St. Kitts and Nevis, ideally located in the Eastern Caribbean established the St Kitts and Nevis Economic Citizenship Program in 1984, making this second passport program the longest established program of its kind in the world. This twin nation combines beautiful beaches with mountains and jungle-draped dormant volcanoes. A Federation country, also known as the Federation of St Kitts & Nevis is named after Christopher Columbus.
St. Kitts & Nevis gained its independence from the UK in 1983, although the Government is still part of the British Commonwealth and is represented by the British Parliamentary Democracy with Queen Elizabeth II as head of state and H.E Minister Timothy Harris leading the Government.
While St Kitts and Nevis are dependent on tourism to drive its economy, its Citizenship by Investment Program drives foreign investment to the island. The positive changes to the St Kitts and Nevis Citizenship by Investment Program include a new civil case management team which will allow faster processing of applications and a thorough, robust due diligence process; this will enable clients to have continuous updates on the process of their applications. St. Kitts & Nevis has now been granted visa-free travel to Brazil with more countries to follow.
We evaluate all possible solutions concerning potential strategies; we guide and refer the application for the client’s St Kitts and Nevis Citizenship to the government. We follow up strategically to monitor how it is being processed. Contact our expert consultant team to learn more about the St. Kitts and Nevis Citizenship.
Why St. Kitts & Nevis?
The St. Kitts and Nevis Citizenship Program is the oldest and most reputable citizenship by investment program in the world. Since its inception in 1984, the program has been attracting people from around the world to invest in the country’s economy in exchange for an irrevocable passport and citizenship and operates on the following constitutional, legislative and regulatory foundations:
- Citizenship of Saint Christopher and Nevis is governed by Chapter VIII (Sections 90-95) of the Constitution of Saint Christopher and Nevis.
- In 1984, pursuant to Section 92 (1) (h) of the Constitution, Parliament prescribed that such other persons who would be entitled, upon making application, to be registered as citizens. Accordingly, Section 3 (5) of the Saint Christopher and Nevis Citizenship Act, 1984 (No. 1 of 1984) makes the following provisions:
“Subject to subsections (8) and (9) of this section, a person is entitled, upon making application under this subsection to the Minister in the prescribed manner and upon payment of any fee that may be prescribed, to be registered as a citizen of St. Christopher and Nevis without any rights of voting save ST. KITTS AND NEVIS – CITIZENSHIP BY INVESTMENT 2 of 3 under and in accordance with the provisions of any law governing the qualification of voters, if the Cabinet is satisfied that such person has invested substantially in St. Christopher and Nevis.”
- The Government determines, by Cabinet Decisions, which projects and which amounts of investment shall qualify as a “substantial investment” and thus lead to eligibility under the Citizenship-by-Investment Program
St. Kitts and Nevis Benefits
- The St. Kitts & Nevis program offers Irrevocable citizenship for life and future generations.
- Visa-free access to 132 countries including Schengen States and the United Kingdom
- After 1 (one) year of holding the St.Kitts & Nevis passport, the Government of St. Kitts & Nevis allows for name changes in the applicant’s passport.
- There are no taxes on worldwide income, capital gains, gift, wealth and inheritance.
- No need to renounce your current citizenship(s), therefore benefiting from all nationalities.
- No residency requirements, you are entitled to apply instantly, and no interview, education or management experience required
- Once you receive approval for the program, then the investment is made.
- The program is based on the law & is guaranteed by the government since 1984.
(Visa-free and visa-on-arrival countries)
Antigua and Barbuda
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Denmark and territories
Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
Trinidad and Tobago
*please note that according to UK policy, you can stay for up to 6 months a year
St. Kitts and Nevis Timeframes
Branches & Partners will pre-screen your passport for government pre-approval. A down payment for professional fees will be applicable in order to start your application.
Week 2 & 4
Branches & Partners professional team will assist and advise you with the collection of the documents required according to the Government checklist.
Week 5 & 6:
Your application is then submitted together with due diligence fees. If taking real estate option, a reservation of your chosen property must be made at this time. The real estate investment is fully refundable should your application not get approved.
Week 7 & 8:
Due diligence report is issued to the Government. Based on the report the Government makes its decision on your Citizenship application.
Week 9 & 10:
Once accepted you are invited to pay the SIDF donation or if taking Real Estate option, pay the balance of your purchase is made.
Week 11 & 12:
A certificate of registration, citizenship certificate and passport are issued in your name. The balance of the professional fees is then paid.
(*Please note that the above timelines are indicative and each application varies on a case-by-case basis.)
St. Kitts and Nevis Costs and Procedures
There are two options for qualifying contribution for the St. Kitts and Nevis Citizenship-by-Investment Program:
1) Cash donation to the Sustainable Growth Fund (SGF option), Government Escrow Account.
2) Investment in real estate through one of the Government approved real estate asset classes: freehold property with title deed; hotel shares; fractional ownership or land.
USD 400,000 is the minimum value of investment qualifying you and your family under the real estate option. This property can then be sold after a period of 5 years. Should the next buyer wish to obtain citizenship, they need to pay you the same USD 400,000 for the property. There is now another option where real estate at US$200,000 plus government fees can be purchased, but this can only be resold after 7 years under the same conditions.
This means a clear resale market and a level of capital guarantee. However, there will be some legal costs associated with the real estate purchase ranging from 1 – 5% of the property value, dependent on the property type. You can also rent out, re-finance and receive utility bills from some asset classes.
In addition to the purchase of real estate, there are Government fees to be paid:
(Must be in full-time education. Over 30 years is a single applicant.)
There are compulsory background checks payable to the Government preferred due diligence agency that will use Interpol, World-Check and other Government agencies to screen applicants based on their application.
Due diligence & Background checks
Branches & Partners professional fees, official application forms, certification of citizenship and passport, courier & other disbursements are the only other costs associated. A full-itemized quotation with no hidden costs is provided.
St. Kitts and Nevis Second Passport
The St. Kitts and Nevis CBI Program was introduced in 1984 and requires that applicants make an economic investment in the country. In return, they and their families are granted full citizenship for life, which can be passed down for generations, along with the St. Kitts and Nevis passport.
As citizens of St Kitts and Nevis, you and your family are issued with St Kitts and Nevis second passports which allow visa-free travel to more than 130 countries and territories worldwide, including all of the EU and UK.
You have the right to take up residence in St Kitts & Nevis at any time and for any length of time.
Contact our highly professional consultants for more information on St Kitts and Nevis passport program.