Let’s Talk About Portugal
Get in touch and tell us what you need.
The right consultant for you will get back in touch.
We evaluate your needs.
We provide you with a tailored solution.
ABOUT PORTUGAL PERMANENT RESIDENCY
HOW TO GET PORTUGAL CITIZENSHIP?
Portugal boasts a rich historical and architectural heritage. Lying on the Atlantic Ocean, Portugal offers investors a lifetime opportunity to invest one of the most sought-after countries in which to reside. As a member of the European Union, the Portugal citizenship and Golden Visa Program offers open access to live, work, travel and study in Europe, and the opportunity to avail the country’s healthcare and consumer rights.
- The Portugal citizenship and Golden Visa Program is a legal naturalization program based on the law inviting foreign investors from non-EU countries to obtain a fully valid residency permit in Portugal. The Program has been in effect since 2007.
- The Portuguese Republic is a semi-presidential republic whereby the Government is headed by the presidentially appointed Prime Minister.
- The capital Lisbon is the nation’s largest city. It is continental Europe’s westernmost capital city and its importance lies in finance, commerce, media, entertainment, arts, international trade, education and tourism.
- Portugal has 6 international airports with flights serving all the major airports around the globe.
- Portugal is mainly characterized by a warm temperate, Mediterranean climate with a distinct wet season in winter.
- It is a member of the United Nations, European Union, Eurozone, OECD, NATO, WTO, and Schengen Area.
- The Portuguese legal system is part of the civil law legal system, also called the continental family legal system.
- The Portuguese currency is the euro (€) and the country was one of the original member states of the Eurozone.
- The country trades mainly within the European Union, the US, Canada and Asia and above all South America and Africa where the former Portuguese colonies of Brazil and Angola are major trading partners.
If you’re interested in securing Portugal Residency, let us guide you through Portugal citizenship and Golden Visa Program. Protect the future of your family by investing in Portugal Residency.
Order n. 1661-A/2013 Act n. 29/2012 of August 9, amending Act n. 23/2007 of July 4, laying down the legal framework for the entry, permanence and exit of foreigners from national territory, has provided for a new special legal resident status for the conduct of investment activities in the country.
This amendment allows for shortened residency requirements of 7 days per year for 5 years at the end of which the applicant and family can apply for Citizenship.
- Residency of a European Union member country.
- EU Residency in 45 days, citizenship after 6 years.
- Total freedom to move in the Schengen countries.
- Only 7 days visit a year in Portugal, one of the lowest of all EU countries.
- Possibility of investment in Fixed Deposit, Real Estate or a Business.
- No need to renounce your current citizenship(s).
- Ranked 4th best passport in the world for visa free travel after UK and US but without 6 months annual residency requirements.
- The program is based on the law & is guaranteed by the government since 2007.
Visa Free Countries
Free Circulation within Schengen Area
Portuguese passport/citizenship (Visa-free and visa-on-arrival countries)
Antigua & Barbuda
St. Eustatius & Saba
St. Vincent & The Grenadines
Trinidad and Tobago
Turks and Caicos Isl.
Virgin Isl. (British)AFRICA
Hong Kong (SAR China)
*please note that according to UK policy, you can stay for up to 6 months a year
Steps and Procedures
Branches & Partners will pre-screen your passport copy for Government pre-approval. Downpayment of Professional fees to open your application.
Branches & Partners will assist and advise you with the collection of the documents required in the checklist. Savory & Partners will assist in the translation of documents to Portuguese and legalization of the documents at the Portuguese Consulate.
The investor will then visit Portugal in order to make the necessary investment within in real estate, fixed deposit or a business development. During this visit the investor will visit Immigration services for the purposes of leaving fingerprints, pictures and biometric data.
Once the investor returns to his home country, the funds required for the purchase of the property should be transferred to his/her bank account in Portugal.
Once the purchase of the property is completed and the registration is done (which generally takes between 3 to 5 working days), the documents are submitted for the residency application together with the residency processing fees paid to Immigration Services.
Once the residency application is submitted, the Immigration Services generally approve it within 3 to 4 weeks.
After payment of the processing fee, the Immigration Services start processing the residency cards. This usually takes between 3 -4 weeks. Once the cards are issued, they will be sent by courier to Savory & Partners.
Visit Portugal for 1 week a year for 5 years to fulfill residency requirement.
(*Please note that the above timelines are indicative and each application varies on a case by case basis.)
1) Upfront One-Time costs: Branches & Partners professional Fees – variable depending on size of the file and country of origin/residency of the applicants
2) On-going costs during period of EU Permanent Residency (SEF Authorities) Costs:
Portugal Golden Visa Program
The Portugal Golden Visa Program was developed by the Portuguese Ministry of Foreign Affairs in October 2012, to promote foreign investment and to provide opportunities for non EU citizens to live and travel within a secure and stable EU country.
Foreign investors are invited to pursue investment activities in Portugal through the transfer of capital, creating jobs or acquiring real estate, in return for a five year Residence Permit that allows its holders to work, live, study and travel visa free in Schengen countries.
The investor first obtains a Schengen Visa valid for one year under the Portugal Golden Visa Program. After one year, a Residence permit is issued and this is then renewed at 3 and 5 years respectively. After 5 years the investor may then apply for a Permanent Residence Permit. The investor may apply for Citizenship and passport after 6 years of residency in Portugal
If you’re interested in securing Portuguese Residency, let us guide you through the Portugal Golden Visa Program. We recommend protecting the future of your family by having a second passport.