Let’s Talk About Bulgaria
Get in touch and tell us what you need.
The right consultant for you will get back in touch.
We evaluate your needs.
We provide you with a tailored solution.
ABOUT Bulgaria Citizenship Program
Bulgaria Citizenship Program offers family security, visa-free travel, and access to EU education, healthcare and business opportunities.
As one of the youngest EU member states, this beautiful country boasts a rich and diverse culture, temperate climate, and ideal location in Southeast Europe. The ideal gateway into the European economy and way of life, Bulgaria is diverse, culturally rich, and perfectly placed for working and traveling in and around the continent.
- Officially known as the Republic of Bulgaria, the nation is home to 6.9 million people. Total area: 110,879 km2.
- The capital Sofia is the second oldest city in Europe and one of the largest and most beautiful cities in Europe.
- The country is a member of the EU, EEA, UN, NATO, WTO, OSCE, and BSEC, and plans to join the Schengen area in the near future.
- There is a stable political parliamentary democracy.
- It is an industrialized upper-middle-income, free-market economy.
- The country is a leading European producer of copper and zinc. Other major industries include electronics, chemicals, mining, machinery, steel, vehicle components, and firearms.
- The country has almost 40,000 km of roads and over 4,000 km of railways. There are 130 paved runway airports in the country.
- The cost of living in Bulgaria is generally cheaper than that of Western European countries.
- GDP – $105.5 bn (2012), GDP per capita – $14,500
- Eastern European Time (UTC +2).
- Age Demographics: 0-14: 14.2%, 15-64: 66.9%, 65+: 18.9%.
- Languages: Bulgarian: 76.9%, Turkish: 8.2%, Roma: 3.8%, Other: 11.1%.
- Religions: Eastern Orthodox: 59.4%, Muslim: 7.8%, Other: 29.1%, None: 3.7%.
To get the Bulgarian Permanent Residency program Bulgaria Citizenship Program please download our brochure. To get confidential information about the program, consult with our professional experts.
Legal Basis Bulgaria Citizenship Program
Offered in accordance with the Foreigners in the Art. 25, para 1, items 6 or 7, of Foreigners in Republic of Bulgaria, the Investor Program for Residence and Citizenship includes a fast-track citizenship option. To qualify for application, you will need to meet one of the requirements outlined in the “Investment Options” section.
Acquiring a Bulgarian permanent residence through the immigration program provides investors with all the rights of a Bulgarian citizen, except the right to vote. The residence give applicants the right to enter and leave Bulgaria freely, as well as the right to travel across all European countries visa free.
Benefits Bulgaria Citizenship Program
- Fast process to residency (six to nine months)
- Special exemption from physical residence enforced with legislation;
- Guaranteed investment and available financing option;
- No language requirements for residence ;
- There is no need to relinquish current nationality;
- Lowest tax rates and free trade environment within the EU with Macroeconomic and financial stability
- Free movement within the Schengen countries after Bulgaria becomes a member state;
- Access to high-quality health care and education in Bulgaria and the EU;
- Conditional tax exemption on world income.
- Unrestricted right to live and own land in Bulgaria
Visa Free Countries
(Visa-free and visa-on-arrival countries)
Antigua & Barbuda
São Tomé and Príncipe
Hong Kong (SAR China)
*please note that according to UK policy, you can stay for up to 6months a year
Steps and Procedures Bulgaria Citizenship Program
The Permanent Residency scheme requires applicants to provide detailed documentation as follows:
Phase I (Main Applicant)
Branches & Partners shall pre-screen your passport copy for Government pre-approval to ensure fast processing. A down payment of the professional fees will be required to open your application.
The applicant then makes an appointment at a Bulgarian Consulate for document signing.
The Investment is then transferred by the applicant.
The Investment Certificate is issued.
A second appointment is made at a Bulgarian Consulate for the application of Schengen Visa, type D (long stay visa)
Once the Schengen Visa, type D is granted, the applicant makes the first trip to Bulgaria for the submission of Application for Permanent Residence (PR).
Once the permanent residence is approved, the applicant will then make a second trip to Bulgaria for the submission of Application for a Bulgarian PR card.
The applicant will receive the receipt of the Bulgarian PR Card (three days after application).
Phase II (Main Applicant)
Once the main applicant is issued the Bulgarian ID document, the procedure for qualifying family members begins. The process for obtaining a Bulgarian ID may take up to six months (this includes two mandatory trips to Bulgaria for each qualifying family member) with an appointment at a Bulgarian Consulate for document signing.
The Permanent Residency certificates are issued to you via courier once the balance of professional fees has been paid and settled.
Costs & Procedures Bulgaria Citizenship Program
A) REFUNDABLE BOND
Applicants choosing this option must deposit BGN 1 million (€511,292) in a Governmental Bond Portfolio for an investment period of five years, with no further payment required. The full amount of BGN 1 million (€511,292) will be returned to the investor without any accrued interest after a period of 5 years. The investment is fully guaranteed by government bonds.
B) FINANCIAL INVESTMENT
Applicants may leverage their capital by choosing the Financed Investment option. The applicants may pay a reduced amount of €180,000, which is then used to finance a BGN 1 Million (€511,292) 5.5-year loan from a Bulgarian Chartered bank. This loan is initiated and repaid at no further cost to the investor. However, applicants will need to demonstrate worldwide assets of more than €1,000,000. This is required from the Bulgarian Chartered bank should applicants choose this option.
Fast-track Citizenship Option
The fast-track option allows investors to apply for citizenship faster by doubling their investment. The requirements for this option are as follows:
1. Have at least one year of permanent residency status;
2. Double the investment by putting €512,000 in government bonds or in the capital of a Bulgarian company which is carrying out a Priority Investment Project (As defined in the investment Promotion Act) ;
3. Hold the second additional investment for a period of two years.
Citizenship applications for participants in the fast-track citizenship program are examined under the express procedure.
Additional Costs Bulgaria Citizenship Program
The upfront nonrefundable fee for the main applicant and spouse is €25,000 with an additional €2,500 for each qualifying dependent.Bulgaria Citizenship Program Administration charges, background checks, translation costs & professional fees are payable and vary on nationality, size of the family, and complexity of the application.
The processing fees for the fast-track option are charged in addition to the fees outlined above.
Bulgaria Immigrant Investor Program
The Bulgaria Immigrant Investor Program is based on the Bulgarian Citizenship Act and is the ideal gateway for European city living.
The Investor Program in Bulgaria offers investors the opportunity to live, work and study in Europe, and the opportunity to own land in Bulgaria. Bulgarian passport holders have visa-free access or visa-on-arrival access to 157 countries and territories.
After 5 years of permanent residency (without physical residence), the applicant may apply for a Bulgarian passport and citizenship. For more flexibility and convenience, there are two options available for qualified investors to participate in this program.
In the first option, for the full Investment, the applicant must purchase €511,292 in government bonds under his name for 5 years. At the end of the 5th year, the amount of €511,292 is refunded to the applicant without accrued interest. The investment is fully guaranteed and secured by the Bulgarian Government.
For the second option, Financed Investment, the applicant obtains a loan from a chartered Bulgarian bank to purchase € 511,292 in government bonds under his name for 5 years. The loan cost for five years is €195,000, which goes towards the interest, bank fees, and transactions. The amount of €195,000 is not refunded to the applicant at the end of the 5th year and the lending bank collects the government bonds to pay back its initial capital. However, applicants will need to demonstrate worldwide assets of more than €1,000,000.
The program also offers a fast-track option whereby, after completing at least one year of permanent residency, citizenship can be applied for by doubling the amount of investment.
CONTINUOUSLY GROWING WITH